Friday, December 26, 2008
Christmas break thus far.
Right now I'm in Kentucky. It's for Christmas break, and I'm coming home either around the 2nd or the 3rd. My trip is going alright. I've visited my dad and stepfamily, my grandmother, aunt, uncle, and the Grahams. Monday I'll see Fluffy and get a trim, probably with no charge. I met a lot of people at my dad's new church. I'm used to that sort of stuff, though. I miss Kentucky. My dad's new house is in a more rural area than I've ever lived in, and I'm almost jealous. I can go outside, and it's like a regular neighborhood- but looking a bit further, you can see rolling hills. Silos, barns, and cows. I wish that when I lived here, that I lived in a place like that. I love it. It's home. But the first night I got here, I felt really homesick. Which is weird, because I don't consider Missouri my home. But I guess it is. It's strange. I'm having a good time here (mostly), but I won't protest when it's time to go back to Missouri. I can't win... I am homesick whereever I am. Well, I'd like to write a big blog about every thing that has happened and everything that I've felt since I got here, but I probably won't. I'm not so good at that unless I gradually do it as it happens, and I haven't written since I got here, due to no internet connection. During my time in Missouri I've questioned myself, and have seriously considered moving back in with my dad and stepfamily in Kentucky, just for my dad's sake. Well, I'll just say my visit here has helped me realize that I can never and will never move back in with them. It's a sad realization, but one I certainly needed to have... so I guess I'm grateful. I almost moved back in. Did you know? And that would have been the end of me, I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment